Since 1967, the Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino [Commission on Filipino Language] holds its annual essay competition in relation to the celebration of Buwan ng Wika (previously Linggo ng Wika). The Gawad KWF sa Sanaysay (previously called Gawad Surian sa Sanaysay- Gantimpalang Collantes) aims to sharpen, rekindle and further intellectualize the Filipino language.
Entries must be sent personally or via registered mail. Entries sent via e-mail will not be accepted. Deadline of entries is on July 1, 2013 (Monday).
- Gawad KWF sa Sanaysay 2013 is open to the public, except KWF employees and their relatives.
- The topic must focus on the theme “Wika Natin ang Daang Matuwid”, using a Literary History approach.
- The manuscript must be authentic, previously unpublished, written in Filipino, and not a translation from another language. Also, it must not be less than 15 pages but not exceeding 30 pages.
- The manuscript, guided by research, is advised to use proper citations in APA format (footnotes, etc.).
- The manuscript must be typewritten (Font 12-Arial), double spaced, with 1 inch margin on all sides and printed on a short bond paper (8 ½ x 11 inches). Four (4) copies must be submitted inclusive of the original copy.
- Soft copy of the manuscript must be burned in a compact disc (CD) along with the author’s picture and brief bionote.
- Any form of plagiarism will not be tolerated and will be penalized. KWF has the right to revoke the awards given and is never allowed to join any of the competitions organized by KWF.
- Judges’ decision on the winners of the competition is final and incontestable. All submitted manuscripts will not be returned to contestants. Also, KWF has the right to publish awarded manuscripts even without its author’s royalty.
The contestant must only submit one piece without his name, pseudonym or any identification marks. Attach the manuscript (in four copies), accomplished application form (with your recent 2″ x 2″ ID picture) and CD to:
Lupon sa Timpalak 2013
Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino
2F Watson Bldg., 1610 JP Laurel St.
San Miguel, Manila
For inquiries, e-mail us at email@example.com or feel free to call us at (02) 736.2524/25; 736-2519 and look for Jomar I. Cañega or Leo Cantillang.
+AMDG+ DISCLAIMER: PINOY MEDIA does not claim credit for any images and videos and some articles featured on this site. All visual content, videos, copy and images and some articles, are copyrighted to its respective owners. By providing links to other sites, Pinoy Media does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Pinoy Media. Information featured on Pinoy Media may contain errors or inaccuracies. If you own rights to any of the featured images, videos and articles and do not wish them to appear on this site, please Thank You. +THE ADMIN+